First Look at Dress Ideas

>> Monday, December 1, 2008

I have not been officially dress shopping yet but I have been cyber dress-looking, yep I totally made that phrase up, lol. I have an hour glass shape, but a little more in the hips. I am not too fond of the poofy a-line, and everything I have read recommends hippy women wear the poofy a-line. I really like the slim-a-line & drop waist. I won't be sure what looks right on me until I actually try something on but below are some that I love! They are all Maggie Sottero designs (love, love this designer). Which do you think will work best on a curvy women?



The picture is being stubborn! Click the link...


11 comments:

Mrs. in May December 2, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

I love these! I have to say as a fellow hippy curvester, I ended up with a mermaid style gown. I didn't hide my hips, I embraced them! It was definitely the most flattering look on me.

good luck!

(JIN) Love, Loss & Lacquer December 2, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

AAwwwww all so pretty!

beka December 2, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

I love the first one- I'm so glad you're not going the poofy A-line shape, I love it when brides show off their curves instead of trying to hide them!

Erica December 2, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

They are all so gorgeous! Abigail is my favorite though!

LauraAnn December 3, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

They are all very beautiful!!! I really like the first one and the last one!!! Good luck and have fun when you do go dress shopping!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} December 3, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

Ohhh I love these. especially the first one!

Goldie December 4, 2008 at 12:50 AM  

The first one looks like a winner!

Adrienne December 5, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

OMG I LOVE Maggie gowns!!! I ordered my Maggie gown about a month ago. Happy shopping!

Dina @ Honey + Fitz December 10, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

I love the second one but I agree with Mrs. in May...definitely don't shy away from a more fit-to-flair or mermaid style gown. They look fantastic on brides with curves!

Anonymous December 12, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

I am a fellow Maggie Bride (he, he) for my April '09 wedding and I must say that Abigail is my FAV of those you listed! Good luck! Try them all on and don't let ANYone talk you into getting something you aren't CRAZY about. But most important... HAVE FUN finding The One.

Anonymous December 12, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

Sorry - I spoke incorrectly. I meant to say that my favorite gown was the Rhianna Royale. The roses throughout the gown are so regal and romantic. Oooopps.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP