>> Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Not having special loved ones there to celebrate your day with you can be really hard. So to memorialize those who are no longer with us I decided to again use an Ashley (Kholer44) D.I.Y. project, because I fell in love with how elegant yet simple her memorial table looked. So here are my memorial candles. They were very easy to make and took me less than 30 minutes.
- Vellum Paper
- Thin Glue Strips
- Small Cylinder Vases (I purchased mine at the Dollar Store)
- Lay out the design that you want on your Memorial candles in a program like Word or Adobe Photoshop.
- Next print your design making sure that you read the paper instructions to see what printer is safe for the paper (I used a laser printer).
- Next cut the paper to the right size and wrap the paper around the outside of the vase.
- Secure the two ends of the paper with a piece of thin glue strip.
- Next cut your ribbon to size and use the thin glue strips to secure the ribbon to the paper. (I ran my ribbon through my Xyron sticker machine)
I plan on using small LED lights to keep them lit throughout the night (I also purchased these at Dollar Store).