>> Monday, November 9, 2009
This weekend I could only squeeze in one wedding project and that was the "Thank You" parasol. I knew that I wanted one of these and as always I wanted to try the D.I.Y road before purchasing. It came out GREAT and BEAUTIFUL and just what I wanted but let me just say that it was a labor of love for sure. It took me just about three hours and at times I wanted to throw it across the room, but in the end it was all worth it. I used instructions from a Project Wedding article to do this parasol.
- 32" Rice Paper Parasol $8.95 (Purchased from Earthbound Trading Company)
- Deco Art Metallic paint $2.29
- Paint Brushes $0 (used paint brushes that I had for about 5 years)
- Stencil's printed in Micrsoft Word $0
- Pencil $0 (Stole one from my daughter :)
- Scissors $0 (already had these)
- Tape (leftover from Christmas)
Total Cost $11.24
CLICK HERE for complete instructions.