::{{D.I.Y TUTORIAL}}:: Enbossed Booklet Programs

>> Sunday, June 20, 2010



These Programs wouldn't have been possible without the inspiration from Chermeng.


:::{MATERIALS}:::

  • 8 1/2" x 11 Stardream 100lb. Heavy Cardstock
  • 8 1/2" x 11 Stardream 80lb. Coverstock paper (a little heavier than regular paper)
  • Vellum Paper
  • 3/16" inch hole puncher
  • 3/8" ribbon of your choice
  • Rubber stamp
  • Pigment Ink pad
  • Embossing powder
  • Embossing gun
  • Stamp-a-majig
  • Paper Creaser
  • Lighter
  • Printer
  • Scissors
  • Paper Cutter
  • Double Sided Tape
  • Vellum Envelopes
  • Kleenex
  • Circle labels or stickers

:::{DIRECTIONS}:::

  1. First cut your heavy cardstock in half horizontally using the paper cutter. Each program will turn out to be 4.25" x 5.5" folded, so keep this in mind when buying your paper so that you do not over buy.
  2. Next using your rubber stamp, dip it in the pigment and stamp the from cover of your program using your stamp-a-majig (will help you center your stamp on the cover).
  3. Next cover the wet ink with a generous amount of embossing powder, then tap the excess powder back into the jar so that you can reuse the powder instead of wasting it.
  4. Use the embossing gun to heat the ink and powder, the stamp will become smooth as the embossing gun heats and melts the powder.
  5. Next lay out each page of the program in a software program like Microsoft Word or Adobe Photoshop (I chose Photoshop). Keep in mind that you can print two program pages one sheet of paper.
  6. I chose to print a cover sheet type page on the vellum paper. Make sure you read the directions for the vellum paper, making sure its made for the type of printer you are using (Make sure your hands are clean of any oils or lotion because they can leave a residue on the paper). After you have laid these pages cut them in half horizontally like you did the cover page.
  7. Next lay out the other pages (my pages included a picture page, poem page, Order of Ceremony page, Wedding Party page & Thank You/Memoriam page) and cut them in half horizontally. Keep in mind that you can print front and back by turning it over and printing the other page on the back.
  8. Put all the pages together with the cover page first, the vellum, the picture page, the poem page and using your paper creaser, fold all page in half and crease the edge.
  9. Use your hold puncher to punch holes in the crease 1" from the top and 1" from the bottom
  10. Cut a piece of ribbon about 14" long and feed it through the holes from the inside of the program. Tie a bow on the outside of the program and use a lighter to melt the edges of the ribbon to keep them from fraying.
  11. Next stuff two Kleenex tissues inside the small vellum envelope and close with your custom label or sticker and add to the inside cover of your program using the double sided tape.
  12. You are done! I worked very hard on these programs and worked hard on making these step-by-step instructions for you lovely ladies, all that I ask in return is if you repost this tutorial you link it back to my blog and all pictures are property of My Dream Ring/Life and if you use any of them please also link back to my blog. Thanks so much, ENJOY!

10 comments:

Nicole-Lynn June 21, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

Love them :) Thank you for the tutorial just in case I need it!

Sara June 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

Absolutely beautiful!! Genius!! These are great. Thanks for the instructions!

Chocolate Lover June 21, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

They look goreous!

amber June 21, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

These are really nice. I'm saving this link for future reference. Thanks for sharing!

Meg June 21, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

I am excited you posted this. I am going to try to figure out how to do this. See, my sister is painting orchids for my programs. It is on half a sheet of 8.5x11. Obviously I need to use these since she worked so hard. What would you recommend because I honestly think these are the most gorgeous programs I've ever seen.

~Meg @ "Through the Roses"

JEM - Aqua Bride June 22, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

I told you from day one that i'd be stealing this idea and i'm working on them right now. Just a tad different but yours so inspired me.

NuFlaiir - Planning a Destination Wedding June 22, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

That is fantastic !!!
Thanks for sharing.

~lilian~

The Less Than Domestic Goddess June 29, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

What gorgeous programs! And this is an amazing tutorial! It should be posted on Weddingbee :)

P.S. Thank you for taking the time to write such sweet comments on my blog. They always make me smile. You are blessed to have such a beautiful family and life :)

KNaijaQueen July 9, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

This is a great tutorial!

Helen August 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

I just discovered your blog and I LOVE the DYI tutorials. They'll be incredibly helpful as I plan my wedding next year. Thank you so much!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP