I'm a DIY Bride...But It Comes With Frustrations!!!

>> Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So you ladies know that I'm a do-it-yourself bride and all I have to say is that it comes with many, many, many frustrations. I did some of my own projects to save money but my invitations were another question. I am D.I.Ying those because I knew exactly what I wanted and by designing them myself, I avoided the going back and forth with a designer. I have been lucky thus far because I know Adobe Photoshop CS like the back of my hand so the design part was very easy. Now comes the frustrations...

I went to If It's Paper an Xpdex division store and purchased the wrong paper not once but freakin' THREE times!! I felt like a total fool because I actually bought the right paper the first time, but that happens when you second guess yourself. I then took it to the printers across the street only to find out after I placed the order that they didn't have my ink color and it would take weeks to get my invitations back. Keep in mind that this place is about 20 minutes across town. So after work I had to go back to that place pick up my paper cancel that order and drive about 30 minutes downtown to the other printer place. Art Printing Co. in downtown Roanoke is so GREAT they offer their own in-house Thermography printing and allow you to customize your ink color not to mention that the guy helping me has been at this business since it opened 25 years ago! So I thought all was good and dropped off my print job at the new printers and was pulling off only to see the little guy running behind my car trying to flag me down. I thought, oh no, what now? I rolled my window down and he then told me that I only had 50 sheets of paper and my order was for 60. I didn't realize when I purchased the heavier card stock that it didn't have 100 sheets but only 50 (I was in a hurry like always and didn't read the package). So I had to drive back across town to buy another pack of paper. I know, I should be on America's Funniest Home Video's, needless to say my invites and inserts are now being printed and cut.

I hope to get them back by the end of the week so I can start hand embossing the damask part on them and gluing them to my pocket folds. I am going to try my best to document so I can show you all the finished product after they have been mailed out. Keep your fingers crossed that it's smooth sailing from here, it can only get better, right?

4 comments:

Nicole-Lynn December 15, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Aw, sorry about all that mess :) It'll look so beautiful in the end and be totally worth it! :)

Belinda C December 15, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

YES! It WILL get better! Can't wait to see them....I just know they'll be beautiful.....

{The Perfect Palette} December 17, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

sorry about that! it will be worth it for sure !!

Unknown December 19, 2009 at 2:14 AM  

oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear. But on the flip side, at least you have a funny story to tell afterwards!

Can't wait to see the final product! I just know it'll be fab!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP